Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Wednesday of the Third Week of Advent 2019

~The O ANTIPHON for today is O COME, O LORD AND RULER~
     "O Come, o Come Thou Lord of Might,
      Who to thy tribes on Sinai's height,
      In ancient times didst give the law,

      In cloud, and majesty, and awe."

Jesse Tree Story: JONAH
Jesse Tree Symbol: WHALE

Scripture: "The waters surrounded me, even to the soul. The abyss has walled me in. The ocean has covered my head.
"Whoever is not with me, is against me. And whoever does not gather with me, scatters."
Jonah 2:6; Matthew 12:30

Commentary: "Jesus used the story of Jonah, who was swallowed by a whale and miraculously disgorged upon the shore of Nineveh on the third day, to point out his own burial and resurrection.." 

Readings of the Day:
Isaiah 45:6-8, 18, 21-25
Psalm 85
Luke 7:18-23

No comments:

Post a Comment