Pages

Monday, December 17, 2018

Third Monday of Advent 2018

~Today, we also begin the O ANTIPHONS during the LITURGY OF THE HOURS. This is a way to intensely prepare for the approaching CHRISTMAS SEASON. There will be a different "O ANTIPHON" posted each day until Christmas.

O Antiphon: O COME, O WISDOM from on high who orders all things mightily, to us the path of knowledge show and teach us in her ways to go.
Response: Rejoice, Rejoice, Emmanuel shall come to thee O Israel.

Jesse Tree Story: JEREMIAH
Jesse Tree Symbol: VEIL OF TEARS

Scripture: "The word of Yahweh came to me, saying: 'Before I formed you int he womb I knew you; before you came to birth I consecrated you; I appointed you as prophet to the nations.' I then said: 'Ah, Lord Yahweh; you see, I do not know how to speak: I am only a child!' But Yahweh replied, 'Do not say, I am only a child, for you must go to all tp whom I send you and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of confronting them, for I am with you to rescue you, Yahweh declares.' Then Yahweh stretched out his hand and touched my mouth, and Yahweh said to me: "There! I have put my words into your mouth. Look, today I have set you over the nations and kingdoms, to uproot and to knock down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."
Jeremiah 1:4-10

Commentary: Jeremiah's life resembled the life of Jesus in his mission and suffering.  The Lord speaks to Jeremiah while he is in exile, describing his grief as an endless fountain of tears because his people have turned to worshiping idols.

Readings of the Day:
Genesis 49:2, 8-10
Psalm 72
Matthew 1:1-17


No comments:

Post a Comment