Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Third Sunday of Advent 2015

Today is GAUDETE SUNDAY, Sunday of Rejoicing for Emmanuel will come.
"Rejoice, Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to you oh Israel."
(PINK CANDLE)

Jesse Tree Story: EZEKIEL
Jesse Tree Symbol: A BROKEN CHAIN

Scripture: "And you shall say to them: Thus says the
Lord God: Behold, I will take up the sons of Israel,
from the midst of the nations to which they have gone,
and I will gather them together on every side, and I will
lead them onto their own soil. And I will make them
one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel, and
one king will be ruler over all. And they will no longer
be two nations, nor will they be divided any more into
two kingdoms. And they will no longer be defiled by
their idols, and by their abominations, and by all their
iniquities. And I will save them, out of all the settlements
in which they have sinned, and I will cleanse them. And
they will be my people, and I will be their God. And my
servant David shall be the king over them, and they shall
have one shepherd. They shall walk in my judgments, and
they shall keep my commandments, and they shall do them.
And they shall live upon the land that I gave to my servant

Jacob, in which your fathers lived. And they shall live upon it,
they and their sons, and the sons of their sons, even for all time.
And David, my servant, shall be their leader, in perpetuity.
And I will strike a covenant of peace with them. This will

be an everlasting covenant for them. And I will establish them,
and multiply them. And I will set my sanctuary in their midst,
unceasingly. And my tabernacle shall be among them. And I
will be their God, and they will be my people. And the Gentiles
shall know that I am the Lord, the Sanctifier of Israel, when my
sanctuary will be in their midst, forever.”
Ezekiel 37:21-28


Commentary: The prophet Ezekiel told the Israelites that their
captivity would be broken and salvation would come to them one day.

Readings of the Day:
Zephaniah 3:14-18
Isaiah 12
Philippians 4:4-7
Luke 3:10-18

No comments:

Post a Comment