Pages

Friday, December 11, 2015

Second Saturday of Advent 2015

~Today is also the Feast of St. Mary, OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE. A link has been added about this saint.~

Jesse Tree Story: JEREMIAH
Jesse Tree Symbol: THE CROSS

Scripture: "For this city has been a cause of fury and indignation to me, from the day when they built it, until this day, in which it will be taken away from my sight, because of all the wickedness of the sons of Israel and the sons of Judah, which they have done, provoking me to wrath, they and their kings, their leaders and their priests and their prophets, the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. And they have turned their backs to me, and not their faces. And though I taught them and instructed them, rising at first light, they were not willing to listen, so that they would receive discipline. And they have placed their idols in the house where my name is invoked, so that they defiled it."
Jeremiah 31:31-34

Commentary: Jeremiah's life resembled the life of Jesus in his mission and suffering.

Readings of the Day:
Zechariah 2:14-17
Judith 14
Matthew 1:26-38

No comments:

Post a Comment