Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Second Saturday after Christmas

Today is also the Feast of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.
A link has been added with the history of this saint.

"On the eleventh day of Christmas.....
my true love gave to me.....
eleven pipers piping..."

Symbolism: The "eleven pipers piping" is symbolic of the eleven faithful disciples.

Scripture: "Now the eleven disciples went on to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And, seeing him, they worshipped him, but certain ones doubted. And Jesus, drawing near, spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go forth and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have ever commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, even to the consummation of the age.”
Matthew 28:16-20

Readings for the Day:
1 John 3:7-10
Psalm 98
John 1:35-42

No comments:

Post a Comment